Sunday, June 14, 2015

Mega Mesh Screen Door



I am going to be honest. I have been dreading trying out my latest experiment. I shouldn't have been though. It's amazing and so simple! I should've known it was going to be easy because the company's name is EASY INSTALL. Geez, Caraline! 

It is a screen door that magnetically closes itself. Magic! Or so my daughter thinks. It's actually quite genius. You can walk through a door without needing the use of your hands. Kids can easily get in and out without your help. Pets can even use the door! No need for opposable thumbs.

...or hands. My daughter is quite adamant on using her head to open it.

It is made of black mesh, and is very strong material. The magnets are placed inside the seams so that they don't weaken and fall off. The magnets run the entire length of the door so that it closes from top to bottom. The velcro that keeps the door up is sewn into the seam so that it can also withstand lots of use. 

Did I mention the velcro? I can take this door down when I don't want it up! And it's so easy. You just pull it off, fold it up, and put it away. It's a screen door that you don't have to have up all of the time. Hooray!


At the house we were renting for the past three years, the screen door was the biggest pain. The porch was small and awkward. There were decorative metal posts that were always in the way. You actually had to step off of the porch to open the screen door so that you could get to the main door. Trying to carry things in and out of the house took some gymnastic, ambidextrous, and contortionist skills. 

When we moved into this house a couple of months ago we had to remove our screen door. It was punching a huge hole into the overhang of the roof! The birds were going through the hole and living in the attic. There were droppings all over the back door. We had to do a lot of cleaning. We did a quick patch with some foam to fill the hole and prevent anymore intrusions. But that meant no longer having a screen door. It was horribly sad.


I love having my doors and windows open. Fresh air makes me so happy. Windows sometimes aren't enough on their own. I can't leave my door open because I hate bugs and I can't take the chance of having a wasp fly into my house. Even just opening the door to get in and out of the house has allowed 3 flies into my home this past week. And my daughter is absolutely terrified of all bugs and insects. That's probably my fault. Oops. She even loses it when ladybugs land on her. This magnetic screen door makes our entries and exits so quick that we no longer have that problem.

You can still use the doorbell.

I chose to hang my door on the outside of my house because it is black and my door frame is white. I didn't like the way that it clashed. This means that I'll be removing the door quite often to protect it from the weather and to clean it. I'll probably end up needing to replace the velcro sooner as well. Tthey have a 100% satisfaction guarantee though and the product registration is super easy and takes 30 seconds which is great news. All of the pictures I post are going to be slightly ugly because I hung it outside. I haven't had a chance to clean up and paint the door and the frame since we moved in. We have a lot of projects going on and so I apologize for this. The screen door actually looks really good on its own. 

I am kind of attempted to install it underneath the door frame when I fix them though. That way I don't have to see the edges. That would make it permanent however. Maybe I'll paint my door frames black? I don't know. I'll think of something because I love this door and I want to keep using it. 


I am going to contact the company and suggest that they design a shade tent with this idea though. They would be perfect! We have to use shade tents when we are camping because the flies, mosquitoes, horse flies, and bees are absolutely terrible where we go. The shade tents have walls and doors made of mesh, but they use zippers to close. Not a huge issue for me, but boys are too lazy to zip the door shut after they exit. It drives me insane because we end up with bugs annoying us as we try to eat. Maybe I'll just attach the velcro to the tent myself and void the use of the zippers? Hmmm... maybe another project in my future? 

If you want a fly free home this summer, and want the dogs and kids to be able to run in and out of the house freely then this is a great investment! I love my new screen door and I know that it is going to have a lot of use and last a really long time. YaY! Plus, I can now carry the groceries into the house without having to open the dang door while juggling kids and bags. I think my life just got a little easier. I'm feeling a little Zen.... all smiles over here.





If you would like to try out the same screen door that I use, you can find it HERE on Amazon. 
Or you can simply go to their website HERE.
I received mine in return for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment