Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Beetastic Face Paint


A couple of weekends ago I braved the County Safety Fair. Let's just say it was a scary experience with two kiddos. The crowds were insane. I honestly don't know if I'll do that again next year.

And I am a horrible mom because I did not want to wait in all of the lines. My daughter wanted to get her face painted, but the line was so long. It was very hot that day and both kids were restless and tired.

Luckily, I was given another opportunity to get my daughter's face painted. Beetastic sent me their kit to try out for free in return for an honest review. I was so nervous to try it though. I have never tried painting anyone's face before.


And would my 3-year old actually sit still long enough for me to do it??

She was quite excited about the whole experience. I gave her a couple of options for which animal she wanted me to attempt. We both agreed on the butterfly.


It took me just a little while to get the hang of how much water to wet the brush with. But once I got used to it, it was very easy. The hardest part was getting her not to move. It may not be the prettiest job in the world, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I am not very artistic and my daughter is very wiggly, so I call this a huge success!

And it was super easy to wipe off my mistakes. (There were plenty). I just used a baby wipe and they cleaned up easily.


After I was done, my daughter put both hands against her face in excitement and I panicked because I hadn't gotten a picture yet. Thankfully, the paint dries almost immediately. This is a good thing because it makes it easier to layer the colors.

The kit comes with eight color palettes - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, and black. It also comes with 2 double-sided applicators, one paintbrush, and 2 sponges. It has everything that you need. Well, except the water and baby wipes.


I loved my kit! At first I thought it was small and would only be good for a couple of uses, but this paint goes a LONG way. We hardly used any. There will be plenty to keep us entertained all summer long. Maybe we'll have a play date and do a friend's face as well.

We left it on her face all day because she absolutely loved it. She never complained about it itching or bothering her at all. I actually think she forgot about it a couple of times until she saw her reflection. And when I did take it off, it came off so easily. It took me like 2 seconds to take it off. And I didn't have to scrub at all - which I am sure she appreciated. You couldn't even tell she had anything on her face all day after I took it off. It did not stain her skin, and there was no redness, irritation, or dryness. YaY! I am so glad it was so gentle on her sensitive skin.


I absolutely loved this product!
If you and your kiddos want to skip the long lines at the fair this summer and want to give it a go at home then this is a great kit! You can find ot on Amazon HERE. Plus, Prime members get free 2-day shipping.

Have fun!

and if you want a quick how-to on the butterfly design, you can find it HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I think this looks Amazing! I think it would be so much fun! I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun kit to have. Does it come with other suggestions as well?

    ReplyDelete