Sunday, June 7, 2015

Kitchen Supreme Liquid Chalk Markers


This was such a fun review to do!

Have you seen all of those super cute chalkboard signs all over Pinterest??

K, so for the longest time I thought that people were actually using chalk to make those. I even bought colored chalk to try and make some of my own..... Ya, it really didn't work out so well.

Later on, much later on... like a couple of years after this incident, I found out that they used liquid chalk. "OHHhhhhh...!!!"

And now I finally got to try them for myself! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

They are so cute, and so much fun to use. You can be so creative with them. And if you use Pinterest, like I do, then you have tons of inspiration. Literally, you can spend hours trying to figure out which project you want to do first. I may know this from experience...

Kitchen Supreme sells a pack of 10 beautiful, colorful markers. It also comes with 2 spare tips, and 8 different label stickers. The spare tips are 6mm reversible tips. They have the fine side and the broad side. 


They are quite easy to start using. They have an online tutorial, and each marker comes with the instructions on them as well.



It wasn't hard for me to get each marker working. The only issue I had was that my black marker came broken. I opened it and ink went everywhere. The tip was already pushed all the way in. I tried getting it to pop up, but it wouldn't. Then I extracted the tip with tweezers and placed the spare tip in it. It didn't fix it. So, I lost a marker and a tip. I was just really sad because it was my black! Black is a pretty main color and I had plans for it. But I was so pleased with everything else that this wasn't that big of a deal.

You know that first mess of an experience I was telling you about? Well, I had a small chalkboard I had purchased to write on and take pictures with my daughter each month for her first year. It was pretty beat up and so I decided to try these out on it. They recommend to not use chalk markers on porous surfaces, like chalkboard, because it can saturate and stain them. 

I used the design found HERE to create this:


I really screwed up the whisk, the top design, and the first line. Aaahhh! But I didn't want to try and fix my mistakes because I was afraid it would make the board look uglier. So, this was all first attempt sketch. Don't judge.

Then I started feeling really creative and decided to try them out on glass. My parents recently visited the Biltmore Estates a couple of weeks ago and had brought me back some grape juice. Today I finished off the bottle and decided to keep it. I'm all about that up-cycling trend. I thought it would be really cute with a couple of tulips in it. Instead, I tried writing on the bottle with chalk.


It was so easy to fix my mistakes. I just used a wet wipe and then dried it with a paper towel. It's still not very pretty. I'm learning. Don't pay attention to the fact that it's very off-centered either.
The inspiration for this design came from HERE.


Last, but not least, I used it on my dry-erase board. Yes, it's simple and not so pretty, but you get the idea. 


And it wipes off! No wet wipes on this surface. Just use a paper towel or tissue like you normally do with your dry-erase markers. Love it! My boards are gonna start looking so cute!

I am super-duper excited to use the labels that came with the markers. They are faux-chalkboard and STICKERS! I was thinking they would be perfect for leaving love notes on lunch boxes, doors, bathroom mirrors, or above the key-hanger. Or you can stick them on your dishes for a party! So many possibilities. Here is something I found on the web (ahem... Pinterest).



If you're looking for some additional inspiration, here are a couple of my favorites:













And if you're thinking to yourself, "I can't write with those and make it look cute." 
Yes, you can!
(Too bad I didn't read this until after I did all of my little projects)





Any way you do it, Go Crazy! You can always erase it.
If you do get some markers for yourself, I want to see what you create. Leave a comment with a link so I can check it out.

And if you want the same kit that I tried, you can find them on Amazon HERE
or on their website HERE


I received my kit free of charge in return for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment