Monday, May 4, 2015

Winger's Sticky Fingers... almost


I have only ever been to Winger's once in my life. And I believe I was on a diet when I went there. So, I ordered a salad. And a healthy salad at that.
  No dressing. No sticky fingers. 

But while scrolling through Pinterest I came across a recipe for their Sticky Fingers.
And I know tons of people that rave about Winger's Sticky Fingers. 
Instead of heading out to the restaurant to try the real thing and spend a bunch of money I decided to try the imitation wings.
And they were delicious!

I made them a second time, but with cheaper ingredients.
Not as good.

Don't use these chicken fingers.
The sweet potatoes are amazing though!

Follow the recipe exactly!


You can find it here: Six Sisters' Stuff

Here is my version...


Winger's Sticky Fingers... almost

Ingredients
1 package frozen and breaded chicken strips (use Tyson, not the store brand)
3 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce (It MUST be Frank's!)

1 Tablespoon Water
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
Ranch Dressing (optional)

Instructions

Combine hot sauce, water, and brown sugar thoroughly. Place in pot over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Place in fridge until chicken is ready. You want this mixture thick (not hot).

Prepare the chicken strips as directed. Baking is a healthier option. Use a baking mat for easy cleanup. Or you can cook them in one cup oil on the stove to make them crispier. 


When chicken has finished cooking, dip each piece in the sauce until completely covered.

Serve with ranch or your favorite sauce. They're too spicy for me to eat plain. Plus, I love ranch. Celery sticks make this dish even more fun to eat. 




Here is the Printable Version

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment