Thursday, May 7, 2015

Ranger Cookies



I don't know where my family got this recipe, but we've had it forever. I would love to give credit where credit is due, but I cannot. 

Back when I was in high school we returned to Iowa to visit my relatives. My Aunt had made Ranger Cookies and placed them in a container on the counter. We had never had them before. My brother and I tried them and were hooked. We ate every last one of her cookies. 
We ate the entire batch!

They were that good!

My Mom got the recipe from her and passed it onto me. My Aunt has since passed away so I have no way of asking her where she got the recipe. If you know its origination then please leave a mention in the comments. 

I am still going to give the recipe to you though because something this good should be shared.


Ranger Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups rice krispies
2 cups oats
1 cup coconut

Method


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Cream the shortening, sugars, vanilla, and eggs together.



In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.




Slowly add in the dry mixture to the batter.



Stir in the rice krispies, oats, and coconut. I used old-fashioned oats, but most people use quick-cooking oats. 


Roll 1 tablespoon of batter in your palms and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Or use a silicone baking mat to reduce the fat content in your cookies. 


Bake in an oven for 7-12 minutes. Remove when they are golden brown. 
Let sit for a couple of minutes before removing from pan and transferring to a cooling rack.



Makes about 7 dozen cookies.


Click HERE for the printable version.

Enjoy every bit and flake of cookie goodness and then share with a friend! Unless you end up eating the entire batch as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment