Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Dust Mites and Diapers




As a Mother, I am constantly considering everything I do for my baby girl.

I bathe her with organic soap.
I avoid BPA, sulfates, chemicals, preservatives, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.
I have banned sugar for her first year of life.
I watch what I eat so that I can provide her with the most nutritious milk I can.
I won't let her try honey until she's one.
I wash all the toys with bleach.
I keep choking hazards put away.
I plug all of the outlets with plastic.
I say our prayers each night.

But what about her bed??



I thought it was safe. I thought it was clean.
But I was wrong.

I wash her sheets 1-2 times each week. I keep a mattress pad on at all times. I actually have two layers (mattress protector, sheet, mattress protector, sheet). It helps for blowouts, spit-up, or sickness in the middles of the night.

But the mattress is really old. It has been passed down through quite a few babies. My oldest daughter even used it as a baby. She was constantly sick as an infant. She has sensitive skin and really bad allergies which have also caused severe asthma attacks. I bought special laundry detergent, an air purifier, etc. I thought I was doing everything to protect her...
but I was wrong. 

I should have gotten a Bamboo Mattress Protector!


Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial. It prevents dust mites, bacteria, and mold from breeding in your child's mattress. You can rest easy, knowing your baby is sleeping on premium fabrics, designed specifically for their safety. 

Bamboo viscose is highly breathable. It naturally keeps your baby warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. The surface is soft and gentle on your child's skin. The bamboo mattress protector I tried is 100% Phthalate, Lead, and BPA free.

It draws moisture away from the skin faster than other materials which allows for a more comfortable night's sleep. And the TPU membrane is 100% waterproof so it's not going to leak through to the mattress.


Bamboo viscose is super absorbent. It is actually said to be one of the most absorbent textiles available. This means that those leaky bottles, over-full diapers, or even failed potty training nights are not going to ruin your mattress.
The Pure Guard Bamboo Crib Mattress Protector made by Swaddlez is made to fit! The 9" deep skirt is guaranteed to fit all 52"x28" crib and toddler mattresses. It fits tight and snug, but not so much that it is a struggle to get on. I have had mattress protectors that barely hang onto the edges of the mattresses and make me feel like I'm in a wrestling match just trying to get them on. I have tried mattress protectors that don't have fitted egdes, but they don't cover the entire mattress. And if you have children then you know how much they move when they are sleeping! This one is better than any other kind that I have tried. I love it!


And I love that they offer a guarantee. Here's what they say on their Amazon page "If this mattress protector does not meet your needs for any reason, return it and get every penny back, no questions asked." The Pure Guard Bamboo Crib Mattress Protector was actually designed by parents! They have had a ton of experience with other protectors and knew what was needed to make a better one.

If you are a parent, plan on becoming a parent, or need a gift for a baby shower this is definitely the way to go! I love mine! And I have a feeling that I am going to love it even more over the next 2 years!

I have truly had an amazing experience working with this company! I know that if you have any questions or need any help they would be more than willing to help you out. Just message them on Amazon.

I hope you love this product as much as I do.
Sweet Dreams! 



I received this product in return for my honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment