Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Rayburn Fishing Hat Light Clip


My family goes camping a lot. 

I grew up camping and have always loved it!

Camping used to be really easy though. Now, not so much. We have 2 little girls and that has changed everything. 

You are constantly having to look for things. You have to wake up and take care of things during all hours of the night. And most of the time you only have one hand to do anything with. That becomes a major problem if you're one free hand is being used by a flashlight. 

My husband was given a Browning hat clip light a couple of years ago and was so excited. He has used it every camping trip. 



Last year I was pregnant when we went camping. And I had to pee a LOT. I would wake up a few times during the night and need to run to the woods thanks to my compressed bladder. I would take the hat light clip, but still felt blind in the complete blackness of the mountains and would take the lantern for extra help. But trying to carry everything along with the lantern was difficult. 

It was even worse when I would try to take care of my daughter in the middle of the night two years ago. She was still using a bottle and trying to comfort her and find and fill the bottle while maneuvering with the flashlight was next to impossible. Not to mention trying to clean the bottle and burping afterwards. 



This year things are going to be much different! I will have this super bright LED Hat Light Clip which will give me full use of my hands and provide a ton more light. I am so excited about this I cannot even begin to tell you. But so is my husband. I have a feeling we will be fighting over it. lol

I even compared the brightness to my running headlamps. Guess who won? The hat clip of course!



And I think my favorite part about this gadget is that it only takes 3 AAA batteries. Most lights require those expensive circular batteries. This will be a lot easier and cheaper to fix when it runs out of juice.



And LED bulbs last much longer than your normal bulbs! 
LEDs are notable for being extremely long-lasting products. Many LEDs have a rated life of up to 50,000 hours. This is approximately 50 times longer than a typical incandescent, 20-25 times longer than a typical halogen, and 8-10 times longer than a typical CFL. Used 12 hours a day, a 50,000 bulb will last more than 11 years. Used 8 hours a day, it will last 17 years! 
 Source Found HERE
 And there are 11 of those bright lights on this hat clip.
The advantages of switching to LED are numerous. Here are just some of the benefits: LEDs use much less electricity than other bulbs, have extremely long rated lives, produce very little heat, do not emit UV or infrared, contain no mercury, are resistant to shock and vibration, and can operate effectively in extremely cold environments.
 Source Found HERE



Additionally, this light illuminates up to 5m of distance. That's almost 16.5 feet for us Americans that don't know how to convert from the metric system. Ahem, that would be me...  



So, if you're heading up to the mountains for a hike, camping trip, hunting session, fishing expedition, midnight run, bike ride at dusk, or trying to do a home repair project then this might be the tool just for you! Anything that might require you to use both of your hands and see with your eyes is the perfect opportunity to use this bad boy.



If you're curious as to what others have to say about it you can check out the reviews HERE.

And right now they are for sale for $15.99 on Amazon.

This hat clip fits very snug on the brim of all of our hats. The plastic is very durable and I don't foresee it falling off anytime soon. I am quite pleased with the Hat Clip Light. Rayburn Fishing has definitely produced a superior product. I know it's going to get a lot of use this summer and I cannot wait! YaY for warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment