Looks hilarious, right?!?!
It is! And it is actually even funnier when you play it yourself!!!
That is why I was so excited to review the Cheek Retractors from W-Plus.
So, I decided to throw a dinner party and play it with my friends afterwards. But I didn't tell them what we were going to play. I just told them to bring a toothbrush. Of course they didn't listen to me. And we ate broccoli and chicken and stuff... But that's alright because we love each other and don't judge.
However, they do not come with the game cards or anything. So, as the dinner party started getting closer I decided I should probably just buy the game to play it safe. But it said it could take 1-2 months if I ordered it on Amazon. Same thing with their website. Then I decided to just get the Hasbro version. But I couldn't find it anywhere. I finally found it at a Target near me and online they said there were only two left. I went the next day and there weren't any there. They didn't even have a spot on the shelf for them. So I don't know what happened there.
I just ended up taking large, blank index cards and cutting them in half and made my own. Each team was responsible for filling out their stack of cards.
Alright, I'll just write out the way to play here:
- Pair up into teams of two (we had three teams with two people on each team)
- Give each team at least 30 blank cards/pieces of paper
- Each team member fills out a phrase on half the stack (about 15 cards)
- Mix together both team members cards into one stack
- Pass the stack to the team on the left (make sure the cards are upside down so that they can't see them)
- Set a timer for 30 seconds (we used our phones)
- Player #1 on Team #1 inserts the cheek retractor and repeats the phrase on the card until their teammate correctly guesses the entire phrase. No skipping cards!
- Each card that they correctly guessed within the 30 seconds counts as 1 point
- Now it's Player #2 on Team #1's turn. They use their own cheek retractor to read from the stack of cards and Player#1 has to guess the phrases.
- Then it moves onto Team #2 and each teammate gets a turn
- Then Team #3 goes
- And it just keeps going round and round until a team runs out of cards
- The team with the most points wins!
- And then we just crossed out the used side and wrote new phrases on the opposite side and played again!
You can order the cheek retractors off of Amazon HERE.
The retractors I received from W-Plus were perfect. They came in a pack of 12 and can easily be cleaned and reused. They are the same quality as a different pack I ordered off of Amazon. I feel like they will last a very long time. And if you make the game yourself like I did then it is definitely cheaper than buying it and waiting for it to arrive. I definitely recommend these!
|This is the one on the bottom, and the blue one is from the other company. Pretty much identical except for the coloring.|
I received this product complimentary in exchange for an honest trial and review. These are my personal opinions and experiences.